It’s true what they say: smartphone reception in Brandenburg can be a little patchy. Here are some tips for making a successful stopover while you’re in the countryside:
• Before you park up, check your smartphone: have you got at least 3G? Great, you’re ready to make a stopover.
• If the e-Golf doesn’t immediately close or open, wait one moment and try repeating the action again.
• Lacking reception? Moving a few meters around the car with your smartphone can make a big difference.
• Turn on your Wi-Fi, it will help us to locate you better.
• If your smartphone has full reception but the car’s locking system won’t function, it may be due to the reception of the car. Moving the car forward a few meters often helps. You can see if your smartphone and e-Golf are connected by tapping on the flashing symbol in the app: if the car flashes once, they’re connected.